Eldon launched a web based Thermal Management software tool a few years ago.
This software has proven to be very appreciated by customers that have a need for dimensioning thermal management systems. An updated version is now available, where many new features have been introduced based on input from users and Eldon’s own engineers.
The software tool has been designed to assist engineering firms, panel builders, and users in dimensioning cooling or heating equipment for electrical enclosures. The tool is used to define a solution that ensures the temperature inside the enclosure does not fall below or exceed the limits required.
The tool calculates climate control requirements including heat dissipation within the enclosure, component by component, and generates solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications.
It recommends an array of temperature or humidity modulating and measuring devices, such as air conditioners, heat exchangers, filter fans, vortex coolers, heaters, thermostats and hygrostats. It takes the size of the enclosure as well as the environmental conditions under which it will operate into account.
A new, enhanced version, 2.0, is now available on all Eldon’s local websites.
Version 2.0 has many new features:
- ‘Save’ and ‘Load’ functionality;
- Improved power data layout presentation;
- Reasons for why a solution cannot be created are detailed in a better way;
- The heating results are now split into ‘Needed to avoid condensation’ and ‘Needed due to low outside temperature’
- Voltage selector for coolers and heaters;
- Accessory selector for Vortex-coolers.
If you have any questions, please contact your Eldon representative.