We hope that you have had a successful year and that your year-end expectations will be fulfilled!
The Eldon Group continues to gain market share both in Europe and in other regions and can now report a sales growth of 8%, compared to last year, which makes us very pleased.
The growth has been generated by new customers buying enclosure solutions for machine control panels and by increasing demand for automation and control within building and industrial sectors.
The GDP in the Euro Area expanded 1.6 percent in the third quarter of 2015 according to Eurostat, and the International Monetary Fund claims the global growth is expected at 3.3 percent, which we feel contributed to Eldon’s positive development. We also see effects in terms of favourable exchange rates and increased consumer spending thanks to falling oil prices.
Eldon’s ambition is to continue to grow profitably by constantly delivering value for our customers and partners in both the building and industrial markets. Examples from this year that illustrate our ambition include the following happenings:
- A completely new Distribution Center at our main production facility in Romania was opened to make it possible to further increase our current delivery reliability of 95%;
- We have cut the lead times for customized products with two weeks;
- Strengthened customization capabilities mean we can support our industrial
customers requiring modifications even better;
- We launched our first Express Customization Center earlier this year, which then was followed by Customization Centers at all our warehouses throughout Europe. These Centers offers hole making and cut-outs on standard enclosures, locally, with delivery within a matter of days.
We don’t stop here. Everyone within Eldon will continue developing the business, our products and our services. We will be implementing the following initiatives in order to ensure that we continue to be a good partner for you and add value to your business:
- Several new products and upgrades will be launched at the Hannover Fair which takes place 25-29 April. Eldon will also exhibit at SPS Nuremberg and MEE Dubai, to mention some. Come and see us at these shows!
- A completely new Product Catalogue, plus animated on-line mounting instructions for the most complex assemblies, will be launched at the Hanover Fair;
- A new training facility in the Netherlands for our own Sales Force and Distribution Partners will become operational early 2016 to ensure you will be given top-notch product know-how and support;
- A new system for quoting customized solutions will be introduced, where the goal is to respond to your RFQ within one day. Other support systems, allowing for close interaction and for customers to make calculations, will also be introduced gradually, all with the purpose to make your life easier!
Most importantly, we never forget that without you and our other valued customers, Eldon would not exist. Finally, we in the Group Management Team at Eldon, now wish to convey our warmest Seasons Greetings to you and hope that we all will have a prosperous and peaceful 2016!
Fredrik Wikström, President & CEO
Philip Tydén, CFO
Alexander van der Weide, CMO
Julian de la Cuesta, VP Sales
Mats Toftebrant, CIO